Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Rocky Mountain review notes 6/20/07

I have seen nearly every minute that the Jazz played in the Rocky Mountain Revue. There are alot of decisions the Jazz must make in the coming months. Here are my thoughts:


· Paul Millsap is a complete and total stud. Should the Jazz choose to trade AK the blow could be softened because that would open up big time minutes for Millsap. The guy is pure energy, the type of player Sloan dreams of.

· Speaking of energy, this Kyrylo Fesenko kid has been a blast to watch maybe more so than Millsap. He is 7' 0" barefoot and runs the floor like a gazelle. He blocks shots, rebounds, plays solid defense and he seems to have a decent shot. He could certainly bulk up a bit but definite Mark Eaton type of guy. My only concern is that if the Jazz sign him up for next year they may let Araujo go. Fesenko is 6 years younger with a ton of upside. Araujo probably has no upside but he is a thick body who works hard. Gotta love that.

· Morris Almond is who I was hoping the Jazz could land at 25 in the draft. They did and he looks good. Sweet looking shot. The knock on him was that he was slow and his defense was suspect. His D has looked good in the revue, granted no Kobe Bryants here but he dose not look as slow as the scouts made him sound. Plus, in the Jazz offense he seems to thrive. He gets good looking shots coming off of screens and seems to know how to utilize them. Ron Boone said he could be the next Horney. As much as I hate to agree with Booner I have to agree he looks like he could be good.

· Going off the way Dee Brown played in the playoffs and how he looks in the Revue I think he has a chance of being the #1 point guard off the bench. He looks in control of the offense and quick as ever. I know the Jazz signed that Jason Hart cat but I hope that Dee comes back.

· My guess is that C.J. Miles won’t be back (Morons whispering in his ear if you ask me. He undoubtedly should have played in the revue.). And Giri will be traded. Especially if we can get a more proven big man in return.

No comments:

Post a Comment