Monday, June 21, 2010

NBA Draft Wish List

1. Greg Monroe - Was not completely sold on him after the Hoyas season came to an end but after hearing several interviews I have a new appreciation for him. Strikes me as intelligent. Good passer. Good shooter. Big, strong guy that can play the 4 or the 5.

2. Xavier Henry - I DVR'd several Kansas games this year and it was because of this kid. He has all of the tools. Strong, athletic, good (potentially great) shooter. I have only two concerns. First, all of the games I watched I was hoping for him to assert himself and I was left wanting. If he was the aggressor more often then I think you are looking at the next Brandon Roy, only stronger. Second, If the Jazz draft Henry, will there be some redundancy at the swing position? Miles, Mathews, possible Korver? Besides that...I like him a lot.

3. Gordon Hayward - We may have the same redundancy issues as Henry but I like this kid. If you watched the NCAA tournament and you don't like this kid then check your pulse because he was awesome. I'm not sure that his shooting is there just yet but he is young and I feel like there is a ton of upside. He has a drive for the game and you cant teach that. He stands at only 6-8" but I sense a bit of Dirk in him if he can put on some weight.

And thats it! Thats my wish list. I will be mildly disappointed if we do not end up with one of these three. Nobody else really stands out to me and if the Jazz stand pat at 9 then I think that this is a real possibility. C'mon O'Conner don't fail me now.

No comments:

Post a Comment