Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Class Act: Dwight Howard

We hear so many negative stories about professional athletes these days. Too many, I believe. So when I see a positive one, I'm going to highlight it. Here's a case in point:
Mike Bianchi of the Orlando Sentinel wrote a piece about Dwight Howard visiting this little old lady named Kay Kellogg. She has terminal cancer and the only thing on her bucket list was to meet the gigantic Magic center. Maybe it's just well-written PR, but from the article it seems that Dwight genuinely connects with this woman and provides her with a (potentially life-capping) moment of joy. And if you don't get the warm fuzzies from reading it (like I did), then your heart is smaller and colder than the Grinch's.[See the Bianchi article in its entirety here.]

3 comments:

  1. I beleive the Grinch's heart is now three sizes bigger, Just saying...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I stand corrected, Mr. Bond. I should've specified the point-in-time reference for the Grinch's heart size.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Curse you, Smyth! I just cried through that whole article. Now I want to meet Dwight.

    ReplyDelete