Wednesday, May 19, 2010

NBA referee Joe DeRosa throws ball at fan; league to investigate


I really do not like the way that NBA refs do their job. I feel like they are the least effective officials in American Professional Sports. It seems to me that they make it about themselves, more often than not. This video is remarkable. It shows Joe DeRosa tossing (not throwing) the ball to a fan. There is talk of Derosa being suspended. I don't like this. The guy comes from out of nowhere and seems to be really coming after him. He looks like a douche. I do not think that DeRosa should be suspened. He is one of the better officials in the NBA and the fan deserved to have the ball punted into his face.

2 comments:

  1. I think the officials in the NBA should view themselves as the flow masters of the game. Their duty should be to keep the game fair, entertaining and competitive. Instead officials feel they are there to make calls, and if they aren’t making calls they aren’t doing their job. In their minds a bad call is better than a bad no call which is the opposite of what a fan wants and what the game needs.

    ReplyDelete